Guest Speaker Series
Guest speakers are invited from across a wide variety of backgrounds and experience to provide members with an enhancement of practical beekeeping knowledge as well as an introduction to new topics and subjects pertaining to bees and the environment.
Enhance your beekeeping skills and expand your knowledge about beekeeping!
Register to Attend Upcoming Events
All events in this series are free to CBA Members. To apply your discount, please sign in during registration using your CBA Membership credentials.
- Thu, Dec 07via ZOOMDec 07, 2023, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM ESTvia ZOOMDec 07, 2023, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM ESTvia ZOOMDr. Spivak will discuss honey bee social immunity and hygienic behavior. She will share research regarding the collection and formation of resins into a propolis envelope within the hive that acts as an important antimicrobial layer and the benefits for bee colonies.
- Thu, Feb 15via ZOOMFeb 15, 2024, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM ESTvia ZOOMFeb 15, 2024, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM ESTvia ZOOMDr. Peck discusses the biology of queens and explores the management of queens within a colony. How do the bees in a colony judge their queen? How should you? Can a good queen help you keep your colony free from disease? Can good disease management still sometimes render a colony queenless?
- Thu, Mar 07via ZOOMMar 07, 2024, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM ESTvia ZOOMMar 07, 2024, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM ESTvia ZOOMPollen provides honey bees with essential nutrients that support colony productivity. Dr. Mattila will discuss research that demonstrates the effects of pollen stress on the behavior of nursing and foraging bees, and the potential benefits of seasonal supplements to improve colony performance...
- Thu, May 16via ZOOMMay 16, 2024, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM EDTvia ZOOMMay 16, 2024, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM EDTvia ZOOMMost of us are aware of the hive mind—the power of bees as an amazing collective. But do we know how uniquely intelligent bees are as individuals? Dr. Chittka draws from decades of research, including his own pioneering work, to argue that bees have remarkable cognitive abilities...
- Thu, Jun 06via ZOOMJun 06, 2024, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM EDTvia ZOOM
- Thu, Oct 24via ZOOMOct 24, 2024, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM EDTvia ZOOM